Sunday, January 18, 2015

Seasons Mash up with Monet

Claude Monet the founder of French Impressionism was a painter that was very ambitious of documenting the French countryside. This led him to capture the changing of light and the passing of the seasons.

   Claude Monet Painting : The Iris Garden at Giverny 

Monet's eye for bright colors and his paintings of seasons inspired my outfit for today. Its a sort of mash up of a few seasons.

You see when I lived in the tundra of lake effect snow in New York, the seasons were a constant change to look forward too.


Being here in the Bay although the seasons do not go through drastic changes it has it's perks.
 
 
I now get to wear my wardrobe for more than necessity in warmth but lets face it I love dresses so when I get to wear one for more than 2 seasons its a treat. I get to wear spring in the winter while it feels like fall.
 
 
Sorry summer.


  This dress really has that Monet painting spring quality.

 
 

 
Outfit Details:
Dress: Cynthia Rowley/Marshals (lookalike)
Cardigan: Mossimo/ Target (lookalike)
Beret: Mossimo/Target
Scarf: Jones NewYork/TJMAXX
Shoes: Clarks (lookalike)
 
 

What two seasons would you mash up together?-FairFawn 

No comments:

Post a Comment