Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Petal Power

It may be fall but I saw this beauty today. As you may have guessed it......Inspiration struck.

 
My artist inspiration today is Georgia O'Keefe.
She made a lot of painting's but is best known for her large-format paintings of enlarged blossoms, presenting them close up as if seen through a magnifying lens. Some people see other things in her paintings however I see the fluttering elegance of curved form and she captured that oh so well.

Georgia O'KeeffeOriental Poppies, 1928 oil on canvas
30 x 40 1/8 in.
When I look at her artwork I see so much detail on the brush strokes that form the petals, When I got this little number I knew deep down in my subconscious it reminded me of O'Keeffe's work.

I got this dress for a steal at Target about a year ago. It is made by the designer Prabal Gurung. Although its no longer in target stores you can still find it on Ebay.

The ruffle petal like pieces of fabric flow with ease and feel airy when you move.

 
I paired this neon yellow dress with red because when you are wearing color, you are bold so I figured .....why not.
 
 

Outfit details:
Dress: Prabal Gurung for target
Shoes: Report / TJMaxx
Belt: Betsy Johnson /TJMaxx
 
What Flower makes you feel powerful?
-Fairfawn

No comments:

Post a Comment