Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Dizzy Rhythm

Last night my fiance and I went dancing, we have been taking dance classes where we are practicing our moves, we do a variety of different dances however my favorite is Swing. The twist, the turns, the rhythm, the dancing equivalence to a roller coaster. It can sometimes give me a case of the dizzies from the spins, but its exhilarating and I love it. So I thought about what to wear and it was easy.

I wore this little Cynthia Rowley number and it's a lot of fun because it has the movement of a swing dress. The print reminded me of Op art artist Bridget Riley.

     Bridget Riley
       Descending, 1965
       Emulsion on Hardboard, 36x36 in.


Op art, also known as optical art, is a style art that uses optical illusions to give the impression of movement often using rhythm and pattern.


  This dress was chosen to reflect not only my admiration of Riley's art, but the rhythm in the music, the dance and movement from the dress both visually and physically.

 Outfit details:
Dress: Cynthia Rowley/ Nordstrom rack (older)
Shoes: Clarks Indigo /Clarks or here
Purse: Vintage/ Similar

Where do you find movement in your wardrobe?-FairFawn 

No comments:

Post a Comment