Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A Cat in Renaissance Clothing

It was brought to my attention one day that not only could my fiancé write, dance, sing, play piano, and fix cars, great conversationist but he also could paint. One day he told me he once won an award for painting a cat in renaissance clothing, I though maybe he's just trying to impress me. I found him super intriguing and fun at the same time. I name him my Renaissance man, so it seemed very fitting. I didn't know how talented he was until I saw this beauty for myself.
 
My Fiancé painted this at the tender age of 10. When I saw it I was floored. I had been an art teacher for quite a few years so I was really stoked to see his skill at such a young age and I adore this painting so much It resides in our dining room.  Because seriously guy's its a renaissance cat. This was created before Shrieks "puss in boots" and it sorta has his flair. How rich was that cat?
 Um so the inner dwelling of his brain, is amazing to come up with this at age 10.


 
Another interesting fact, I've got a dress for that! Ha-ha of course I do.
 
 
I've had this cat portrait dress for a while. Its made by the brand Retrolicious. Check them out here.
 
 
They make amazing items to add to your wardrobe simply because the prints are quirky and fun just like my fiancés painting and just sorta like my sense of humor too.
 
 
So it was only natural that I was inspired to whip this dress out of the closet because I get to be inspired by it everyday at my dining room table. 


 
Modcloth also sells this dress and a skirt version as well.



I got this dress on Modcloth and the name is adorable for it: Mew-seum Visit dress.

 
I know what your thinking, I thought you were a dog person but I love all the furry friends.


Outfit Details:
Dress/ Retrolicious (Modcloth) Mew-seum visit dress
Shoes: Mossimo(older) / Target simular
Cardigan: Mossimo (older)/Target simular
Belt : Merona/Target
 
How to you work your surroundings into your wardrobe?-Fairfawn
 

No comments:

Post a Comment