Thursday, March 19, 2015

Tradition

Last weekend was a great weekend for tradition. I got to attend a very intimate ceremony for my new niece. She was having her Baby Naming Ceremony. We got to honor my new niece with tradition of her religion with family, and it was very lovely with, prayer, song, and words spoken of hopes for my new niece to carry with her through out her life. The day was simply beautiful with tearful remembrance of her family's tradition that was now being passed onto my niece. I left with a loving smile on my face for a simply wonderful day.


I wore a very special dress that I though was perfect for tradition. The dress I wore was a Bernie Dexter that has a print that reminds me of the Italian countryside in Italy.


 It reminded me of my Father and Grandfathers land. It had a very similar landscape. Its like I could carry part of my own history on my dress in way. I know it sounded silly but we all carry our history's past with us internally so I just brought it with me externally.


I was brought up on a different religion than my niece but there is similarities in how family dynamics pass beliefs and how there is beauty in the connectivity of family.


Today is St. Joseph Day which is a day of feast which is an event my family celebrated each year. The feast part always got lost on me (food aversions). I really miss a simpler time in my life when on this day my mother and father would give me a whole bunch of Honey balls and Cannoli's.

 


 

I've clearly always had a sweet tooth. Each new generation brings fourth a new tradition and I guess that was mine. All I know is I really miss the tradition of feasting with my family and celebrations of events with my family here is an amazing way to continue tradition that no matter what religion you have is the ultimate way of creating feasts for the soul.





 I feel very lucky to have two family's now which welcome many traditions but at its core, it all comes down to family. (That includes friends too) Cant wait to be reunited with my family on the other coast.



 
Outfit Details:
Cardigan: Mossimo/ Target (older) similar
Shoes: American Eagle/ Payless similar
 
What do you wear to traditional events?-Fairfawn

No comments:

Post a Comment