Sunday, November 1, 2015

Day of the Dead

Happy Day of the Dead.
 
Day of the Dead also known as Dia De Muertos, is a  Mexican holiday celebrated throughout Mexico.

 
The holiday focuses on gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember friends and family members who have died, and help support their spiritual journey.

 
Often during this day, the dead are celebrated so the loved ones passed will not be forgotten.
I was talking to a co-worker and she was inspiring me when talking about her native celebration.
We spoke about how she honors her love ones that passed to keep their memory alive. She would take out loved ones pictures and make their favorite meals an visit their graves, their would be lit candles, music and decorations of sugar skulls and flowers.

 
If you ever lost someone, the thought of this is such a poetic way to celebrating the life of that love one. Some may think this is a morbid or sad holiday but personally think it is absolutely beautiful. What a wonderful way to celebrate our ones who have passed to create a time to continue to breath life in their honor.

 
Today I celebrate my father. He was a hard worker, but loved to dress up and always loved to dance. I feel I celebrate him everyday in continuing those traits into my daily life. However I wore this dress today and I.........

 
put on some dancing shoes........and will continue to keep dancing through life for those who cannot and celebrate the joys of life with every little step.
 
 
Outfit Details:
Cardigan: Old Navy / similar
Shoes: Clarks / Similar
 
-Fairfawn
 
p.s. here's my costumes for Halloween this year.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment