Monday, December 1, 2014

A Dot Of Fall AKA Gobble Gobble Part: Uno

Well we are well into the season of winter now, however it still feels like fall to me. I am in a new location and it is not snowing, a lot different than my usual Thanksgiving/fall. I miss the fall leaves but feel extremely thankful because I got to celebrate thanksgiving four times this year with my fiance's family.  I do miss my mom's apple pie made with local apples on the east coast, but I must admit I feel really lucky to have an east coast and west coast family in which both have such warm inviting homes for me to celebrate holidays with. I'm going to miss the snow on Christmas thou.



Today's outfit was one of my Thanksgiving outfits. This one may look a little turkey like but it was actually inspired by the children's book The Dot. The Dot was a book I would use in my art class when I heard a lot of students claim, "I Cant Draw". The Dot is a book written and illustrated by Peter H. Reynolds. The Dot is about a girl named Vashti who thinks she can't draw.

 One of my favorite quotes in the book is when the teacher says "Make a mark and see where it takes you". In a way I felt like Ive been living that quote by moving to the west coast.You can check out a video of the book here.
 This dress has a lot of orange dots so it made me think of fall naturally, and that made it perfect for thanksgiving dinner. I think of all my past thanksgivings and I smile in memory of my father carving the turkey and the wonderful food my mother prepared. My brother and sister being silly. I miss them tons. I am happy I have those memories and that I am creating new ones too.

                                                                   Outfit Details
                                                          Cardigan/ Banana Republic older Similar at target
                                                           Dress/Anne Taylor (older)Similar on Modcloth
                                                           Tights/Target
                                                            Shoes/ American eagle -Payless

What were you thankful for this thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment