Monday, December 8, 2014

Starry Night

Today's inspiration is from one of my favorite painters. Ok this painting below is not the original Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh. My fiancĂ© and I painted this reproduction for our living room together.

 
The real Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh can be seen at the Museum of Modern Art In New York City. It is Van Gogh's best-known painting and one of the most recognized paintings in the world.
The Beauty in Van Gogh's work is the fast paced emotionally driven textures in his brush strokes.
 



As you guessed it those brush strokes of Starry Night have been captured and printed onto this dress. So my nerdy art teacher ways said, "ummmm I need that".


 
This Beauty was made by a company named Geode and is it even has a built in petticoat.







I got this dress on Modcloth, It's called Down to a Fine Art. There is even a video on the dress and its movement check it out here.

 
Outfit Details:
Dress: Geode Down to a Fine Art/ Modcloth
Shrug: Mossimo /Target
Shoes:  Backlash in mustard Poetic License (Older)
 

Close up of shoes: when in doubt I choose the color mustard.
 
What paintings inspire you?-FairFawn

2 comments:

  1. The dress looks so cute on you! Modcloth has some of the best prints :)
    Wow, that's amazing you and your fiance painted that reproduction!!! Looks great.

    ~Bristol
    colourmebristol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe thank you Bristol! I love Modcloth because they carry so many good prints! My fiancé and I had a blast painting this one together. -Lia

    ReplyDelete