Monday, December 15, 2014

The Palace

Its close to the holidays and my fiancé , myself and future father in law went to meet up with my future mother in law,  and her best friend at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco for cocktails.  This Hotel is drop dead gorgeous and rich in history. The architecture is pure glamour.


 
 The Palace is a landmark historic hotel in San Francisco. It is located at corner of Market and New Montgomery street.  Originally in 1875 Palace Hotel (which had been demolished after being gutted by the fire caused by the 1906 San Francisco earthquake) the present structure  was rebuilt and opened on December 19, 1909. We ventured in the hotel taking in his beauty.


The hotel was beautifully decorated for the holiday season, I could've worn a dress that represented the season but I felt my Bernie Dexter dress in Poppy's seemed much more my take on rebirth by taking in the spirit of rebirth, of the building and with the state flower represented on my dress. This inspiration is also mirroring the rebirth of my life on the west coast. Ok so I'm getting a little cheesy with the poetic nature of my inspiration this week.






 
Look at these cute ginger bread houses, they were three times the size of me. I contemplated eating them.
 
Poetic License makes for Happy Feet!

 
Outfit details:
Sweater: Banana Republic (older) / Similar Modcloth 
Shoes: Poetic License/School Girl Shoe (Shoeful of sugar heel on Modcloth) (black and white version only)
Purse: Vintage
 
How are you embracing the holiday's this year?-Fairfawn

4 comments:

  1. Loveeee this outfit on you!! Been thinking of ordering this print in a Bernie skirt. You're making me want to do it even more!! Bernie's prints are just the best :)

    ~Bristol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bristol, it is hard not to feel confidant in any of Bernie Dexter's creations. To the novelty prints and the vintage cuts. Bernie makes pure perfection. I'm going to go a head and be the bad lil devil on your shoulder and say go for that skirt. You will not be disappointed and lets face it these colors are perfect to fit in with your beautiful wardrobe. You would look stunning it this print too! -Lia (FairFawn)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My what a beautiful hotel and your dress has the perfect modern meets retro touch, very cute. Rachel xo
    http://garaytreasures.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the sweet compliment Rachel! The hotel was lovely!

    ReplyDelete