Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Hello Polly, I'll clean my room. In exchange for your immortal soul.

Growing up I loved watching anything horror and monster related. I especially loved old reruns of the Munster's and The Adams family which later found a new home on Nick at Night. However in the early 90's the T.V. series got a reboot in the form of a movie staring Anjelica Huston, Raul Julia and Christopher Lloyd........but the real star of that movie was Christina Ricci portraying the role of Wednesday Addams. Especially in the sequel!!!


 In the show the original character played by Lisa Loring had the cute factor with a twist, but in the movie Ricci elevated the role and created a cult classic character that was infamous for one liners of the macabre. I was probably the same age as her and I looked to her witty dark sarcasm as a voice for my inner dwellings of dark humor that I hadn't honed enough to release onto the world. Today on the blog my outfit choice is a homage to the Christina Ricci's Wednesday Addams portrayal.


 I think Wednesday Addams was really a homicidal maniac, just locked in a cage in a form of a girl. I felt this dress encompasses just that.


 This dress is by Folter/Retrolicious Clothing company  who has amazing novelty prints if you adore them as much as I check out the link.

 
 Nothing says Wednesday Addams like a pointed peter pan collar.
 


One of my favorite Wednesday Addams quotes:
 Gary: Now, one of you will be the drowning victim and the other one gets to be our lifesaver.
Amanda: I'll be the victim!
Wednesday: All your life.


Fun Fact: Wednesday's middle name is Friday! Also check out Melissa Hunter's Chanel on YouTube. She has a whole bunch of videos called Adult Wednesday Addams. They are hilarious.

Outfit Details:
Dress: All Eyes on Unique Dress in Birdcage/ Modcloth (older)
Cardigan: Mossimo/Target (older) look a like
Shoes: Indigo by Clarks (older) look a like

What Fictional Character did you ever want to emulate? -FairFawn

No comments:

Post a Comment